Personnel, Vehicles, Equipment and Insurance
Our service comes with 2-3 people depending on the scope of the service requirements.
We provide our service with a LWB van with trailer. These have a combined holding capacity of 16m square and keep the client’s belongings safe and sound during transit.
We are equipped with all the necessary moving aids to keep items safe during transit (such as trolleys, dolleys, straps, tarps and blankets). With more than 5 years experience , we are well versed on how to pack and safely transport items. We provide packing essentials such as boxes, foam, tape.
We maintain personal and professional integrity, develop removalist skills and industry knowledge to better provide our service to service users and clients. The removalists are noted for their professionalism and politeness by clients and come with lived experience of their own. Our team undergo training through a number of ways. Here are a few certifications we have:
- NDIS Safeguard training
- Regularly updated First Aid training
- Trauma Awareness in Practice training with Blue Knot Foundation
The Removalists themselves take pride in their work and enjoy supporting and learning from one another in a non-judgmental environment. Their employment with Removals for Hope has seen a positive impact in their capacity to participate in economic life, their capacity to build on social connectedness and reduce isolation.
Youth Off The Streets
"Youth off the Streets has worked with Removals for Hope now for a few years. Over the years Jen has provided support to our clients with integrity and respect. Jen has shown to be reliable and punctual when assisting our clients to move. Booking with Jen is a smooth and efficient process and Jen has been very accommodating! Youth off the Streets (both staff and clients) can’t thank Jen enough for her support over the years!"
"In the time that the YWCA has utilized the services of Removals For Hope we have found that the service provided has been completely professional, empathetic, punctual, reliable and affordable as well as, being culturally and socially appropriate in all aspects. These qualities are essential for our service provision across our homeless services as we assist people who are experiencing varying degrees of housing crises." -Joe, Specialist Homelessness Caseworker, NSW Homelessness Services
Bill Crews Foundation
"Removals For Hope's professionalism, non-judgmental attitude, and trauma informed practice is invaluable to the individuals and communities we support. Their willingness to learn and develop skills and knowledge in their quest to build a person-centred accessible service is what makes Removals For Hope so specialised and unique." - Tamara- Complex Case Worker
Memberships and Affiliations
Removals for Hope aims to be relevant and up to date with the latest industry knowledge so that we can meet certain standards and expectations when providing support to people in vulnerable circumstances. Through relevant affiliations with peak industry and networking bodies and existing working relationships with Outreach Support Organisations, we can better adapt our model to the service gaps.
Some of these affiliations are with:
The Angel Network Australia
The Angel Network Australia operate with a variety of collections such as furniture, clothing and homewares through a reliable chain of donors direct to beneficiaries to help the very vulnerable in our community, in Australia and overseas.
They can provide tax deductible receipts to all financial donors, which helps us feed hundreds of people a day through our network of soup kitchens in South Africa. They also support a range of services that support refugees, domestic violence victims, those living in extreme poverty, and those with ill health. The Angel Network is a registered charity run by volunteers only. www.theangelnetwork.org.au.
Associate member of Community Housing Industry of Australia
Social Enterprise Council of NSW & ACT (SECNA)- This membership allows us to engage and connect with other social enterprises in the sector.
MOU’S being developed with Housing Providers such as:
- The Women’s Housing Company
- Mission Australia
- Bridge Housing
- Lokahi Foundation
- The Haymarket Foundation
- Link Wentworth Housing
- Our quotes are based on standard sized items. If you think some of your items are larger/heavier than usual, please let us know
- For NDIS bookings, please ensure that a payment request has been made and sufficient funding allocated to engage our service. Only approval can be made by Plan Manager
- For brokerage funded moves, these must be pre-approved by Support Coordinator or finance department
- Please include as much information as possible to assist us to accurately quote
- If there is additional items to the list on the booking form, an additional cost may be applied
- Cancellation/ rescheduling of booking within 24 hours of the booked time will incur a fee of $100
- All items must not be loose. All items must be removed from fridges, cupboards and all furniture. Not doing so may incur additional cost as we will need to pack these into boxes for ease of transportation
- If you do not require packing services please ensure all items are packed into boxes and bags
- Please allow the Removalists to provide the service with minimal interference. Allow the Removalists to do the lifting and moving of items (unless agreed with the Removalists’ to help and the client is aware they are not covered by personal injury insurance)
- Items placed on the vehicles are loaded and organised to the Removalists’ discretion and must not be interfered with
- We take the upmost care in moving and transporting items, yet cannot foresee if loss or damages occur. We do not take responsibility. We have a goods in transit insurance option which is extra if you would like added peace of mind for your move
- Are there any health and safety risks we should be aware of? Eg. Biohazards, construction in the vicinity